APS Selection Process
APS gives high significance on selection of its Human Resource & considers that having the right candidate in the right place will contribute to the overall development of the school & candidates.
All appointments to all categories of employees are be made by the Selection Committee nominated by the School Managing Committee, either by direct recruitment or by promotion through a selection process recommended by the School Managing Committee and approved upon by the Board of Trustees.
Process for Human Resource selection :
Manpower Planning is done on the following parameters :
- Number of staff required as per level for which staff is to be recruited (Pre- Primary, Primary, Secondary, Sr. Secondary etc…)
- Category of the staff (whether full time, part time etc…)
- Qualification required.
- New / replacement requirement.
- Experience if any needed.
- Knowledge, Skills and Attitude needed for the post.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates through advertisements published on the website and/or newspapers which will include :
- Job Profile as per specialization of subjects.
- Criteria for application (qualification, experience).
- Number of posts.
- Any other relevant skill desired.
- School address, website details, email and phone numbers.
Application receipt and scrutiny :
Resumes are received & scrutinized – Candidates can apply up to a certain period, profiles are shortlisted and then called for the further stages.
Objectives of the Interview Process :
- To test English language proficiency
- To test subject competency and mastery of subject applied for
- To test level of general awareness related to school procedures, pedagogic principles and practices
- To test level of sensitivity towards child’s needs
- To test the Logical reasoning and ability to mould in APS culture
Process : (for candidates coming through advertisements and Walk-ins)
- Briefing about the Organization through PPT/Video.
- Filing the Interview Form and Document verification
- Aptitude test (For teaching posts)
- Personal Interview
- Demo Interview (For teaching posts) / Task Interview (for non-teaching posts)
- Final Interview and Salary fixation
Personal Interview process :
- Short-listed candidates are intimated via email/ phone about the personal interview schedule.
- Panel of interviewers: Trustee representatives, Director, Principal, Head of the respective level ( Pre-primary, Primary, secondary, Sr. Secondary) and for special posts like Role holders an educationist /Psychologist/Consultant
- A full evaluation sheet of the overall performance of the candidate is provided for reference.
- Evaluation sheet gives guidelines for marking the candidate’s performance during the interview.
Demo Interview process :
- The candidate is given a topic & time for the demo.
- The candidate presents the demo to the panel/class of students (including the panelists)
- A demo evaluation form is given for each candidate for marking the candidate’s performance.
- Candidates are called for final Interview after clearing the demo round.
Final Interview and Salary Fixation :
- Final selection is based on the overall performance of the candidate at all levels of selection process.
- The list of candidates finalized are approved by the Board of Trustees
- Date of joining and salary fixation is done.
- Appointment Letters are handed over to the candidates.
Reference Check :
- To check and verify the candidate’s character
- Is conducted for every selected candidate & is completed before the candidate joins the Organization.
- It gives enough information about the candidates past job performance
- To make a right decision about whether or not the candidate is the right person for the job
Joining Process :
- Copy of the appointment letter is acknowledged and given back to the School Office.
- A welcome mail is sent to the selected candidate.
- On the date of joining- a joining report is filled by the candidate at the School office.
- Name of the person is entered in the school attendance Muster
- Biometric details are taken
- Bank account procedure is completed
- Personal file and service book are initiated.
- Library Account is opened.
- Allotment of Cabinet in Staff room.
Meeting with Principal : Induction Program
- Job Profile is explained to the new joinee.
- Copy of Service Rules, Code of conduct, School Procedure Book, Log Books and other relevant documents are handed over.
- Policies and Procedures are explained to the new joinee.
- Class and workload allotment is done.
- Introduction to the team leader and reporting procedures.
- Introduction of the new joinee is done in a formal meeting.